Cyclotricity Beast 1500W Dual Power Electric Mountain Bike
For the earliest stock availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org OR use the live chat support
If you ever wondered whether or not you can de-restrict your electric bike to go faster than the usual 25km/h speed limit and use it off-road, oh boy you’re in for a treat! The ever so popular Beast now comes in a new power boosted version allowing you cruise at 40km/h given it’s 48V 1500W system.
The UK/EU regulations dictate that an e-bike must not exceed the rated power of 250W to be road-legal. Which is not great news for the thrill-seekers, power hungry among us who want to have the occasional fun off-road yet still be able to ride sensibly and legally on-road. A purchase of the common high powered electric bike will come with its legal implications. On the other hand, the practicality of a road-legal e-bike means giving up the fun one could have off-road. So which do you choose?
The following options are available with this bike:
- Warranty - The standard is a 12 month warranty. An additional warranty, making 2 years in total, is available at an additional cost.
- Battery Size - The battery determines the number of miles per charge. There are different battery options available with this bike, with the range of each battery being listed in the specification section.
- Lights - The bike is supplied without lights as standard but we can add these on for you
- Pannier Rack - The bike is supplied without a pannier rack. We can fit one for you if required
- Mudguards - The bike is supplied without mudguards. We can fit front and rear mudguards for you if required
- Hydraulic Brakes - As standard the bike has cable disc brakes. Whilst the standard brakes do the job, one of the most requested upgrades for this bike are hydraulic brakes. These hydraulic brakes really do make a huge difference to the feel of the braking. Please note that when hydraulic brakes are fitted the auto shutoff brake function will not be active.
- Throttle - As standard the bike is supplied without a throttle. We can add a throttle onto the bike but please be aware that the bike is not then road legal and should not be ridden on the public highway, even when in 250w mode
- Freewheel Gear - The standard 7 speed freewheel gear does the job but can be rather noisy. We offer an upgrade to fit a higher quality Shimano 7 speed freewheel gear
Gear Shifters - The standard 7 speed gear shifters are satisfactory. However, we do offer an upgrade to 7 speed rapid fire trigger shifters
Specification of the Cyclotricity Beast 1500w Dual Power
If you are after maximum exhilaration, fun and speed in an off-road environment, look no further! This is the first e-bike that can offer 1500W worth of thrill, yet still capable of being reconfigured for safe road-legal journeys.
- 1500W brushless and gearless rear hub motor (comes restricted to the UK/EU regulation of 250W power and 25km/h speed by default. Reaches up to 40km/h once de-restricted to the 1500W mode.)
- LCD dashboard showing power output, Speed, Time, journey Distance etc and ability to control the de-restriction settings.
- Thumb throttle (optional extra: contact us to inquire about the legal implications of adding a throttle to this bike)
- 5 levels of pedal assist modes
- Fitted with mechanical alloy disc brakes. Electric brake levers cut the power when applied.
- 250/1500W brushless rear hub motor (reaches maximum speed allowed by UK/EU regulation when in restricted mode, i.e. 15.5mph. Road legal once in restricted 250w mode)
- LCD dashboard: controlling power output and featuring a speedometer function. 5 pedal assist power modes
- Thumb throttle Supplied with the bike and can be fitted from the options available.
- Brakes: Hydraulic Tektro Disc brakes
- battery: 48V/16Ah Lithium-ion battery
- USB Port: Active
- Charger: UK plug charger with LED indicating the level of charge (battery should be fully charged within 5 hours)
- Frame size: 18″ Alloy 6061 frame, Suitable for 5' 5" - 6' 1"(Feet)
- Suspension: ZOOM alloy 100mm & Rear 100mm Air Shock
- Gears: 9 speed Shimano Altus drivetrain
- Rims: 700c Alloy double-walled
- Saddle: PVC leather
- Bell: Included
- 1-year warranty (extended warranty available as an option above)
- Total weight of e-Bike including battery: 27kg